As I thought about a gift which I might give to you this holiday season I decided to focus on the gift of knowledge. Why? Because it’s a gift that keeps on giving!
There are many experts, books, websites, and articles from which to choose. As you prepare to move into 2019 here are five (six if you count my e-book) resources, at least one of which I hope you will find invaluable. I’ll post several more resources prior to year end.
- Tom Ahern, Ahern Communications– A prolific author whose books and other resources provide insight about best practices with donor communications.
- Simone Joyaux, ACFRE, Adv Dip, Joyaux Associates — Another prolific author and highly sought-after presenter. Simone tells it like it is, particularly when it comes to topics such as boards and fundraising.
- The Agitator– This quote will tell you a bit about why it is called “The Agitator” — “In a year-end post, Please Don’t Eat the Poinsettia, I noted that the field of fundraising is filled with lots of myths, aphorisms and the equivalent of ‘old wives tales’. Some are true, some are not, and many persist for which there’s little proof one way or the other.” (Roger Craver, December 2017)
- Andrea Kihlstedt, Capital Campaign Masters – Andrea wrote the book on campaigns, literally and has a website chock full of helpful information.
- Russell James, Professor of Financial Planning at Texas Tech – See Russell’s YouTube videos about planned giving and consider reading his article on how the 2017 tax law might actually increase charitable deductions.
Want to know more about the 5 I’s? I will be sharing a series of articles and offering Webinars about the five I’s in 2019. Look for more information in the i5 free monthly News You Can Use.