As a consultant and as a faculty member I constantly scan the horizon to identify people and resources that might benefit students, clients, and blog post readers. Here are five resources which you might find of value this year.
- Ikhlaq Hussain, MSc MInstF, Head of Major Gifts, Orphans in Need (London, UK) — Fundraising Magazine named Ikhlaq among the top 25 fundraisers under 35, he frequently posts articles on LinkedIn.
- Simone Joyaux, ACFRE, Adv Dip, Joyaux Associates — A prolific author and highly sought-after presenter. Simone tells it like it is, particularly when it comes to topics such as boards and fundraising.
- The Agitator – Like a strong cup of coffee, a wake up call, and science all related to fundraising rolled into one (and it’s free). You can even send a question to a behavioral scientist — I’ve tried it, they are quick to respond and provide helpful insight.
- Russell James, Professor of Financial Planning at Texas Tech – See Russell’s YouTube videos about planned -giving.
- Sofii: The Showcase of Fundraising Innovation and Inspiration — Not as in Sophie (me), Sofii provides a treasure trove of resources on almost any topic you can imagine.
You might also wish to subscribe to the I5 Fundraising monthly News You Can Use e-newsletter.
If you have not you might also enjoy reading my e-book Fundraisers Channeling Fred Rogers, you can download it here.
Want to know more about the 5 I’s? I will be sharing a series of articles and offering Webinars about the five I’s in 2019. Look for more information in i5 free monthly News You Can Use.
Wishing you a Happy New Year!